IMB issues notice to vessels in Indonesian waters
The Maritime Administration of the Republic of Marshall Islands issued a marine notice concerning vessels sailing in Indonesian waters and intend to anchor in these areas.
The Indonesian Marine Police alerts all vessels that intend to anchor at or near the areas below to conduct patrols for greater protection:
- Belawan: 03:55.00N-098:45.30E
- Dumai: 01:42.00N-101:28.00E
- Nipah: 01:07.30N-103:37.00E
- Tanjung Berakit/Bintan: 01:23.30N – 104:42.30E
- Tanjung Priok: 06:00.30S-106:54.00E
- Gresik: 07:09.00S-112:40.00E
- Taboneo: 03:41.30S-114:28.00E
- Adang bay: 01:40.00S-116:40.00E
- Muara Berau: 00:17.00S-117:36.00E
- Balikpapan: 01:22.00S-116:53.00E
In addition the Indonesian Marine Police advises vessels to operate at Security Level 2, maintain strict anti-piracy watch and measures, and report all security incidents and suspicious sightings to the local authorities and the IMB PRC.
The IMB PRC will liaise with local authorities to render necessary assistance.
Incidents may also be reported directly to the Indonesian authorities by contacting Badan Keamanan Laut Republic Indonesia (BAKAMLA).